Sunday, November 13, 2005

Lake Springfield True Cyclocross

My beanie off to Jason for the best cross course to date! That parcours not only was a true course it tested everyone. Superfast, lots of handling, & a brutal run up over the barriers. I'm going to say this will be the course that other Springfield courses should use as a benchmark.

I've been pretty fatigued this week & it showed today. From the word go I knew it was going to be a tough hour. Once again getting the whole shot was key to get through the first 180 switchback on the grass. It got a little crowded on the first lap. Of course VanAsten once again schooled the A's. Again pushing to almost lap me. Cale to his turn beating on me. Everytime I'd close he'd get another gap on me. Then he rolled a clinchuler, changed his wheel. Then in 2 laps had put his original gap back into me. My legs had one speed in them today & it didn't involve any snap. Coupled with my drivetrain being possessed it was a super hard hour. It seemed there was no place to recover.

The A's ended up VanAsten, CMAC, & Me. B's was once again the Sandbagger ICC, not sure of the rest. The women's field (yes women's field) was 4 strong. With Anna Assenmacher fresh of AR Nationals coming out to duel the Mercy girls team. Not sure how they placed but I know Anna scored some swag. Good job Anna.

There was a lot of picture taking so if you have any shoot them to me & I'll get them posted. Also There was talk of a Cross race to fill the gap btwn the end of the Springfield season & State. If your interested make it known next week. Now its off to take a nap before heading to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google