Monday, November 14, 2005

Baby Doc & the baby megaphone.

Today we had another baby doc appointment. This one involved more time in the waiting room than actual Dr. to patient time. But I won't complain. He whipped out the baby megaphone & let us "hear" our babies heart beat. Talk about putting a shit eating grin on my face! We recorded it & Amber & I have listened to it about a 100 times apiece. Strong & rapid @ 155 beats per minute. Amber says according to her internet "scientific" reports a high heart rate means its a girl. I'll wait to pick baby names till I get to see the Scientific Ultrasound next month(the week of XMAS, a cool gift). I'm guessing the rapid heart rate was due to the inutero intervals the baby is doing in preparation for a stellar cycling career. CTS VanAsten are you coaching any babies yet?

Was so excited didn't sleep for crap today. So decided to get up & put in a few miles on the golf course & see how my knee is doing. I skipped my blog on Sat so I didn't mention the new found left knee pain I'm having. I'm hoping its just left over from 2 AR races a month apart. It was so bad Sat it motivated me to cut the ride short. I contemplated not racing Sunday but after warming up it wasn't bothering me. It didn't hurt during the race & only ever so slightly toward the end of my run tonight so hopefully this will be the last I write of it.

Now for a quick survey to help guide my winter training:
How many fellow riders lift? Stretch? Yoga or Pilates? Needing to rehab a few nagging aches & pains this winter & working on a plan to take action.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google