Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Finally some damn rain!!!!!

I was supposed to ride with ICC this AM but strong storms led to the canceling of riding. On to plan B. My poor boat has been wet in months so I jumped @ the chance to get in it. With all the rain last night one of my favorite park n plays was up & running. Bull Creek's Shady Rapids. Thanks to a very anonymous friend I got permission to park @ the bridge so a few friends & I braved the wind & rain for several hours of surfing & spinning. CBass, Wes, & James from Dynamic Earth, & the Helenator(more on the her later).

When I got there @ 9am it was 58 degrees & I was in a tshirt. At noon it was about 40 degrees & the wind was blowing about 45 miles an hour. Needless to say my drysuit hanging in the closet at home would have been really nice.

The River Left wave was primo today. You could spin till you were dizzy. Throw some low angle ends. On surfer's left was a nice curler which you could throw big nasty blunts off if so obliged.

The Helenator is one of my hero's. She taught me how to roll my kayak. Shepherded me down my first few rivers back in her kayak days. Now she's an open boater, but she's so cool I don't hold it against her. One cold day she called me to go boating figuring I'd be the only idiot willing to boat in 20 degree weather. I was. She laid the big bomb on me. The following Mon she was getting a double masecotomy! Wow, it barely fazed her. She was like, its got to be done so I might as well boat while I can since I won't get to for awhile. So we boated till our drysuits had about a 1/2 inch of ice built up on them. Well Helen rehabbed fast & now is boating like crazy. So I'm always thrilled to see her out on the river. She's also taken up roadbiking so I see her occasionally riding which always inspires me to ride harder.


The Middle wave of Shady Rapids



CBass working on his 360 on the River Left Wave



The Helenator in her personilized open boat



Wes ridng the pile




CBass stalled out

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google