Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Cycling Skip the next Pandemic?

Nope the point of this entry is not to bag on Ryan, though I was tempted. Shano has caught the pandemic sweeping the cycling community this time of year. You guessed it the Cycling Skip Pandemic! Its tragic folks he waited to the last moment to call & bail on this weeks Wed afternoon cycling host ride. I was heart broken since it was my week to host the ride. I came up with a relatively flat 40 miler just for him. He waited till Sophia awoke from her nap then poked her with a spoke to get her to cry in the background of his bag out call. Really his little one is teething so I'll give him a hall pass on this one since next year I'll probably be making the same call.


SVA, El Prez, & ICC did show for a ride on a relatively nice afternoon. I ended up with an almost even 40 for a total of 2:25 so that's 6:25 for the week with 6 straight days in the saddle. Tomorrows forecast is really tempting me to go against my best judgment & ride anyway. I really need a rest but good weather is hard to come by this time of year, but it would be nice not to be a blathering idiot @ the end of Fridays 100. SO perhaps I'll have to go to Patton Alley instead and drink a few Bellhavens to Carbo load.

2 comments:

  1. That picture looks vaguely familiar, sorry I could not be there. Save that pave for next time and I always like a flat route! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about spending your time productively e-mailing your mother the first pictures of her soon to be granddaughter while you are resting.

    ReplyDelete

Google