Tuesday, January 31, 2006

It just goes to show

Yesterday when I got up for my daily dose of mileage I just didn't feel right. My legs felt fine the rest of me just wasn't cooperating in waking up. So I took my time had an extra pre ride cup of coffee(is it possible to ride without coffee before?) & basically looked for reasons not to ride. Finally I got dressed & on the bike. The first few miles were a struggle mentally. After about 30 minutes things started to click & I felt "normal" once again. The moral of this story is don't take sleeping pills(the real reason I couldn't wake up) & give the saddle some time maybe you'll rebound & be able to salvage the ride.

When I got home I was treated to home made chicken pot pie, mmmm good. Then got a good leg massage before laying down for my pre work nap. Moral of that story don't recommend a massage immediately following gorging yourself. But my legs needed it(no pun intended) & this AM they're feeling pretty good. Now I'm on track to get another good week of training in.

I wonder what daring feats of manhood the BOCOMO boys are doing this week? So much anger in Columbia you have to love it. I wonder if Skippy is burned out after his long ride Sunday?

2 comments:

  1. I'm still here, don't worry about me, I will silently log the miles away this week indoors only to burst onto the scene next weekend for some "Butthead" esque leg breaking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There you go folks, I like talk of legbreaking! That's why my new favorite blog is buttheads, ooh the anger.

    ReplyDelete

Google