Monday, January 30, 2006

Sunday

I couldn't think of a better title so Bite Me. After reading a blog from one of the boys in Columbia I'm currently feeling a little soft for skipping riding in the rain. These guys are hard men of the road. So now I'm going to run out & get a rain cape & a fender so the next time it rains I can hit the road. Because I'll be damned if I'm going to be soft. I'm thinking sometime in the near future I'm going to have to head North to get in a ride with these guys.

Anyway I made amends today by getting in 4 hours of solo riding mostly into the wind. I was feeling pretty good about myself until reading the aforementioned. I photocopied a page out of the Gazetter & used the new Route Marker to give myself a general route to ride. I learned a lesson here, not all roads on the map are paved. So I got in some good dirt road time to go toward making up for not riding in the rain. I rode out in the Ash Grove, Bois Darc area. Lots of carless farm roads. I did spot 3 other riders but they were a little far off for a positive ID. By the uni colors it looked like Greek & @ least one OCC'er. After riding I did a little cross training by doing carpet vacuuming intervals up & down the stairs.

I almost forgot to mention the Left Shifter works, so bring on the Big Ring & let the Legbreaking begin.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:04 PM

    That was Greek, Stokes, and Humader(spelling is not right). Stokes said they did a 3 hour ride out to Willard area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:23 PM

    And for those of you wandering what hard training is for someone at my level -- yesterday it was 6 hours (3700 kcals) with a ride from Fort Smith to Havana, Arkansas and then up the backside of Mount Magazine (the way we race during Tri-Peaks) three times. My best time so far is 27:16, but I haven't yet gotten over my LT during the climb and I'm not that great of a climber anyways.

    www.bricejonesracing.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. A new fan? Must have heard about my 6 hour ride last week & got scared.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can Copy & paste too:

    http://p073.ezboard.com/fbikearkansasmessageboardfrm22.showMessage?topicID=153.topic

    ReplyDelete

Google