Sunday, January 29, 2006

Rain


Rain used to get me all excited since it usually meant I was going to get to go boating. Everytime it rained I'd start checking the internet gauges & getting my stuff loaded.
The recent drought only means the rain we get now barely makes a dent in the water levels. So now it only means I can't get out & get in some saddle time. Today instead of taking the day off I broke in my new trainer. Amber put a movie on & turned the volume up so we both could hear it. An hour & a half & about 2 liters of sweat later I had a pretty descent workout. Though I hope tomorrow the roads dry enough for me to get in @ least 4hrs.


I did get in some quality bike maintenance time today. I finally got my TUFOS pulled off the Ksyriums in an attempt to get ready for the approaching race season. I find out after an hour of GOOGLE time if you want to replace a Mavic freehub body you can't buy one online; you have to use your LBS(bike geek speak for Skippy). Mavic makes a damn nice set of wheels, but being French they make it too freaking hard to get replacement parts. I did manage to find the top of my work bench after some cleaning.
Amber just reminded me I forgot to mention I finally felt the baby kick the other day. I was beginning to wonder if it was a scam she was running. But I've now felt the little booger practicing her soccer kicks. So I'm relieved this kicking thing isn't something Amber is going to keep to herself. Today we also came up with a general idea of how we're going to paint the baby's room. For those of you who have been to my casa you know this is a pretty big deal since I've so far managed to keep the walls white. So next weekend I get to break in another one of my XMAS presents & put up some trim to make a chair rail. Then paint the lower wall with 2 tone stripes & the upper part a solid color. Oh yeah & the possibility of of sponging & stenciling. Colors to be determined @ the store.

Its now time to turn in the dogs are snoring on the floor & Amber is making that deep breathing noise that usually precedes her snoring. Later tater.

2 comments:

  1. Words of wisdom from your Mum.
    BEFORE you put the chair rail up we need to paint. You can measure where the rail is to go and put a chalk line up so we can paint to it. Then when all is dry you can trim out with the chair rail.

    Have it all ready for me Saturday morning, your penciled in on my busy social calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:51 PM

    I bought my Mavic freehub (the one that froze up the day before state cross) on ebay for $20 delivered. Good luck.

    JJ

    ReplyDelete

Google