Tuesday, February 21, 2006

All is well


Monday was a stressful day worrying about the baby, one that I don't want to repeat anytime soon. I did manage to get out & brave the cold using my new secret weapon to keep my toes from freezing. Secret trial #1 temp 30 degrees feels like 22. Rode for 2 hours. Feet very warm! Yeeha I might be onto something.

Today we had a baby doc appointment so to get some sleep(not much Mon) I took the night off to relax & unwind my mind. Too much stress bad! Anyway the Dr. told us everything was fine. Our wee one had just turned & was punching Amber's guts so she was unable to feel anything. So if nothing else we now know where labor & delivery is. Not an easy place to find in St. Johns. Only one elevator goes directly to the 5th floor. All the other you have to go to a floor above or below & walk the stairs. Helps with the baby low jacks.

I do want to send out a big congrats to Doug & Anna Assenmacher. This past weekend in the Sylamore 50k Doug finished 3rd overall & Anna finished 9th, first women overall. Her time was less than a minute slower than what I ran last year. Pretty impressive. Though she did it in the snow & freezing temps & I did it on 4 total runs in 3 months. So I'd say the times are pretty comparable. Those Assenmacher siblings are just pretty damn fast. I can't wait to my annual show down with Doug @ the Turkey Trot this year. He'd better watch out for the baby jogger though. I'm starting a new category fastest baby.

Well I'd better finish my Starbucks & get ready for work. Need to set the old V.C.R. first. To see Mr. Huff finish with the Gruppetto like a true sprinter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google