Monday, February 20, 2006

Just another night?

Nope. Before leaving for work made sure I set the old V.C.R.(no make you lazy TiVo in this house) to tape the prologue of the Tour of California. Got to work @ the usual time around 10:30Pm. Got stopped @ the guard shack & was told a bomb threat had been phoned in & to find all my guys & make sure they were out of the building. So an hour later the one & only cop who showed up gave the all clear & in we went. Then it was a semi normal night of F.O.P.S. I did get to spend a FREEZING 15 minutes on the roof troubleshooting a faulty damper motor, good times. I think it was about 14 degrees with a windchill of 3 or so. Then one of my guys couldn't get anything he worked on to stay fixed. This is always fun & it happens to everyone. I had it happen to me about 3 weeks ago, makes for a longggg night.

Then @ 5 am break around 5:20 am I get a call in my office from Amber. She's concerned since she hasn't felt the baby move in many hours & not much all weekend. SO I change my boots, jump in the car & destroy the speed limit going to get her. I get her in the car & hustle of to Labor & delivery. I have to admit I was pretty scared. They got us straight in & hooked Amber up to a monitor were we got to hear the comforting sound of our little girl's heartbeat.

Our friend Mindy is an RN in the NICU ward of St. Johns. She came down to see us before her shift ended. She walked in looked @ the monitor. Her eyes got wide & "are you having contractions?" Oh Shit now I am freaking out a little. But no worries Amber just wanted to really spice my night up with a few uterine disturbances; code for contractions.

All's well now & we're sitting in bed watching curling & letting my HR drop below 190. Hopefully this afternoon I can finally get off the trainer & get out on the road. I know the BOCOMO boys got out, but I'm a pussy & finished painting the baby's room. I did watch the 2000 Paris Roubaix while riding the trainer last night though & cool distraction.

What I know is I know nothing......Socrates

4 comments:

  1. Do you use vhs or beta?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow your life is not boring. Are you heading to Tulsa on the 4th? Brad Huff RULES!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:05 PM

    i thought huff got 4th, who does tulsa ride for?

    ReplyDelete

Google