Sunday, February 12, 2006

PeeWee BBall & Lacy's a bad girl

Actually 2nd grade girls basketball but I've been waiting to use this pic for awhile. Yesterday Amber & I ventured out in the "blizzard" to drive up to Camdenton to watch my nieces' basketball games. Now I'm sure these have nothing on Shane's league but where else @ a BBall game can you loose track of the times you yell "the other way!" Very entertaining. Ashton was her teams leading scorer with 6 points in the first game. With Nina scoring a basket in the second game. They ended up winning both barn burners 10-4 & 6-4. Since this is 1st & 2nd grade girls they have modified rules. They play half court with about 7' goals. They can walk & double dribble @ will. They can't full court press. There are no charges (this is a rule I hear Peter Van Off the Front has trouble grasping).
After the game we went & saw Nanny McPhee. Not too bad a flick. Little predictable but it is a kids movie.

Pics a little fuzzy since those little boogers move so damn fast. Really its all that pre peewee league tailgating.










This AM was hanging out in bed when Amber & I heard this ripping, knawing, chewing noise. Turns out Lacy decided to destroy a pair of my socks. This is after earlier in the week chewing a hole in my favorite pair of Silvertabs! So she got in quite a bit of trouble.

I've been a bad girl, please don't send me back to the pound.


Today we were supposed to head down to Harrison to do a major climbing ride but by the looks of my backyard you can figure out we canceled that little trip. Oh well maybe next week. So it looks like today will be spent wandering through Lowe's & a little work in the Kiddos room. Perhaps some trainer time to work on getting my cleats positioned on my new shoes. This week turned into a recovery week for me since I hadn't realized I've done six weeks of hard training (17 days of those without a day off, oops). I have 2 or 3 big mile weeks planned then its time to get down to the business of racing. Hopefully I can finish the whole ride to my parents without having to take the bail out shortcut in this block of training.

Is everyone as excited as me that so much Curling is being televised this year? It has the distinction of being the only Olympic sport being almost entirely televised Live. Granted you have to get up @ 2am to watch it, but its still Live. You may think I'm joking here, but I'm actually a fan of the sport. Every 4 years its my favorite Winter sport to watch. Why? I don't have a clue, it just sucks me in. I wish the SPR had a league in our fancy Ice Rink. I'd play every chance I got. Speaking of Live I got to watch the Men's 20k Biathalon yesterday. Biathalon is another winter favorite of mine. How can you not like a sport that involves skiing & shooting? I figure it should be a big hit with the Rednecks if they broadcast it more this year. Oh yeah I REALLY F'ING HATE FIGURE SKATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dumbest winter sport ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google