Monday, April 24, 2006

Bob Herbert

Here are some pics from Saturdays Circuit. I will say Coker gets a big Jimmy thumbs up for a very impressive 6th in the TT. For a guy over 80 kilos he had a hell of a time on a hilly TT course. I'd say that result is the start of more to come this season. Quick run down 2nd in TT, 1st in Circuit, 4th in RR, 2nd on GC.
Sundays race was 7 laps of a 6.5 mile loop with some pretty good climbs in it. On the 2nd lap I got in a break with 15 y/o jr Zack Hockett. Watch out for this guy he's headed to Europe this summer on the National team & I think he'll come back with some results. The kid is the real deal. Anyway we stayed away just the 2 of us till 1 lap to go when 1st & 5th on GC bridged up to us. First on GC decided to just sit on my wheel & mark me. Then took me in the sprint for 3rd after not putting his nose in the wind once. Anyway I took a shot @ winning GC & it just didn't pay out. I had nothing to loose & a lot to gain. I had more than one person tell me I made the race.
I do have to say thanks to Ken Norton. Not only did he loan me his Tri Spoke for the TT he went & found me some Goo when I was starting to bonk during my break on Sunday. Also thanks Roger for the stellar hand ups.
Crazed OCC Tifosi cheering for Norton & the Hammer who went 1 & 3 in 50+GC. Think Norton won the TT & the RR as well.
Celebrating my first ever win as a Cat 3
It may not look like it but I'm sprinting for the win(uphill).
Curt up front in the circuit where he spent most of the day.
In one of the 300 breaks I was in during the circuit.
The Man!

Coke setting tempo for me up the climb
Curt powering over the circuit climb.
Coker so close to finishing
What the F?

Super G in the back of the 3 pack?
Another break
Pics courtesy of the OG.

13 comments:

  1. Very good job. Nice to see you kicking some butt. How did the BMC crew do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Job Scott!

    I had to work Sat so we went to a road race in Indiana. I was the 1st loser again.

    You coming to the lou this weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wifey VERY pregnant so not sure If I'll make it to the STL or not. Only won a stage, in the big picture I was the first looser not once, but twice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:49 AM

    Do we need to get Coker a bike fit guide? It looks like he's riding a Thumbstein sized bike in that one photo...CMac

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why was Curt bitching about the cost of the club, aren't those Reynolds wheels on his bike?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very observant. Notice no 404's on my damn bike?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:34 AM

    Great work OCC boys! I have to agree with Cale, what the hell Coker, did your wife put the bike in the dryer too long or are you some kind of stretch armstrong?
    Steve I

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never really paid attention to it but he is scrunched up. He runs a pretty long stem too. I'm not complaining though, puts him more up right & he throws of a hell of a draft. Kind of like motopacing behind a bus.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous10:38 AM

    Ha ha Coker was compared to a bus....CMac

    ReplyDelete
  10. I figured his position out. He's coiled like a spring ready to pounce!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous10:54 PM

    Hey CMac....Lay off the Coker diss...he's the man, yo! No, I didn't put it in the dryer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How do we know this is Laney? I think its Coker trying to hide behind his wife.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous11:05 AM

    Did Sunshine fit Coker? He looks like he is about to swallow his bike in his hiney. TM

    ReplyDelete

Google