Saturday, April 01, 2006

Rest week

This past week I hung up the wheels & took some much needed rest. That's right 4 whole days without getting on the Felt. Unfortunately work was unbelievably stressful this week(real stress not the imagined Skip kind). I got loads of sleep but not the mental break I would have liked. I avg about 10hrs of sleep a day new record week for sleep. Last night I got my second 12 hour night/day.

Thursday was week one for Lemans(really Lemaze but it aggravates Amber when I call it that). The first class was pretty boring, no gory movies, not much huffing & puffing, just a lot of talk. I'm guessing it will pick up as the weeks go on. Week one I only heard "vagina" 4 times. I'm on pins & needles waiting for "the movie". Its the flick all expecting fathers hear about from their friends with kids. You get to see up close & personal the video of an actual birth. I hear there's not a dry eye in the house when its over.

Work was a total pain this week. Monday night one of our larger more important machines broke a 24" diameter drive shaft. We got to spend 3 days pulling a 13,000 lb roll & putting a new one back in. Of course production didn't stop so I had to deal with the broken drive shaft & everything else broke in the plant. It seems this week brought out the absolute worst in laziness. Once everyone learned that we couldn't rush right over to their break down all kinds of mysterious "break downs" started to happen. Basically nothing wrong they just wanted to milk the downtime while they listen to my name being paged every 15 minutes on the intercom. Shitheads! This week really made me think about my career path.

I did get to use the lathe this week to modify a Shimano square taper BB tool to use on an Octalink BB. Why the modification? To put the crank on my tt bike. She's all built up & even took the inaugural spin around the block. This afternoon worked on getting my position dialed in. Now I just need to find an aero front wheel for it. Maybe one of those fancy Zipp wheels.

Yard work stretched out too long so didn't get out before the rain. Tomorrow is the NW Arkansas Classic. Probably not the best idea to race during a rest week, but I'm ever so close to having enough upgrade points to move up to 2's.

1 comment:

  1. The moist eyes are similiar to your eyes when you vomit, not cry.

    I see people at your work are worthless and shifty just like everyone else. Here is a work equation I found today: 3 Skippys = 1 Scott!

    ReplyDelete

Google