Saturday, June 03, 2006

Tulsa Tough Friday Night Lights


Didn't have a chance to post last night so here is a quick update on Tulsa Tough. Did alright ended up 17th(87 starters, 57 finished) in the field sprint, there is some heat here. I did manage to win a $20 prime. Have a nice rasberry on my shoulder from avoiding a wreck & having some dude flip over his handlebars & pile drive me on my right side. Not sure how I stayed up but found a bike wide gap & shot through it. Fitness is better than I thought. Got in 3 or 4 breaks, 1 solo. Don't have the snap yet so hopefully by Sunday it'll be in my legs. When I was warming up I got interviewed by the local news. Amber's Aunt Reba taped it for me. I'll try & get it uploaded when I get back to town.

Farasy finished! He's the mystery rider in 61st place. He got gapped with 2 laps to go when there was a huge pile up in the P1/2 race. But he did stay in the middle of the group until then. The big boys raced under the lights which was pretty cool. Reported avg speed for 75min crit 27.7 mph! I think the in the 3's we only avg about 25mph.

Here's some pics of the bigs, Amber will be @ the race tonight so maybe I can get some of me.

1 comment:

  1. what happened to Amber doing live coverage? IS this race on a track?

    ReplyDelete

Google