Monday, July 24, 2006

Why I suck & other truths of life

State TT was a big fat flop o rama! I had a pretty good time going till 10k to go then took a big dump right there on the 30k mark. Went from 26mph+ to 23mph- literally as I crossed that mark. The mind was partially willing but the legs refused to cooperate getting on top of the gear. I guess my collarbone has been the nail in the coffin for this year. Granted 3 weeks on the bike isn't much. I did set a PR but not by much. I was hoping for a sub 55 minute time back in May. Was on 56 minute pace for a long time till I lost 2 minutes in 10k. Maybe I should go ahead & join the pro domino tour because I suck @ the bike game. Any one want to buy a low mileage TT bike? I can't make it go very fast maybe you can.
This is how impressed Amber was with my finishing time.
It is a cool venue with the Capital in the background.
The day on the whole was pretty fun Amber & Mia came along. My little sister showed up with my twin nieces Nina & Ashton. So I had a pretty good cheering section for the 10 seconds they got to see me @ the start & finish. Mia did get wore out after waiting for 3 hours for results to not be posted. So we load up the car & headed back to the SPR.
Espenkotter on the P3. So damn fast I couldn't time the shutter. I hope his wife did better than I did getting his pic.

No word on my actual placing. Word has it OG placed 5th breaking the hour in his first attempt @ the 40k. I guess the P3 helped. The Ken won another state title in the almost older than dirt but moves a little quicker category. On the watch comparison I just barely beat him. The Hammer took the bronze in the same cat. EPO got 2nd in the breaking the law 45+ division. You'd think a DR. would know better than to pass an ambulance on a bike. When results are posted I'll get them up. I am curious to see how bad I got my ass handed to me in the master's 35+.

Back to the drawing board.

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:19 PM

    Man you look good though!

    Great job anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got 3rd!! I stuck around for the awards ceremony. Go bug Mike W. for your medal!

    You suck? You came past me like I was riding a tricycle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Third place? Not too bad for a broke down old lion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3rd out of 3 though so that would be last place no?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew you were a loser!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dan that's pretty funny a tricycle. Ha I must have been @ the State kick bike champs the way I felt. Ted M humbled me & I'm pretty damn humble already.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My bad... I must have been a bad listener, because it looks like you WON your category!!

    http://bigshark.com/page.cfm?PageID=443

    Mad props!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice job state champ. Can you get that jersey in xxl so I can have one?

    How about that time for the cat 4 guy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't be so hard on yourself. You did awesome. We really enjoyed watching you even if it was for a few minutes. The time flew by so I know you didn't do as bad as what you thought. However a lot of that was thanks to your little girl and Gregs wife! Negativity doesn't get you anywhere. Be positive with a positive attitude you will get better results!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats dewd! See, all that negative self talk was for naught.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous9:54 PM

    Scott - you should be proud, that was a good time on a really tough day. Those last 10k were as tough as any I've ever done. Posting a time like that after breaking your collarbone is awesome - and you get the jersey!
    Ted

    ReplyDelete

Google