Monday, August 07, 2006

State Crit

It was hot. Lots of people started, lots of people quit because it was hot. Me I quit because I'm a puss & it was hot. This was only the 3x I've ever quit a bike race so I spent some time wallowing in self pity after. I did try & bridge up to the race winning break twice. But could only get within spitting distance both times while watching someone else get across. So I figured why suffer any more & just rolled off the course to the lovely AC of the car. I had to drink 128 oz of h2o & gatorade to take a piss, it was hot.

How people drop out of races all the time is beyond me. I felt kind of dirty after. That said I'm now officially down till cross season. This weekend proved I need lots of bike practice to get better. Here's some pics enjoy.

This is a cool ass pic.
Phil's better than me. He won the 40+ earlier. Managed to get to the break in the 3's, unlike me. Quit sweating then dropped out wisely.
Did I mention it was hot?
I spent most of my race drinking.

Even Curt is better than me, he lasted 10 more minutes longer in the crit than I did.

On the way home we stopped @ Taco Bell. My sauce packet said " I'm scared of bike tires". Who knew Taco Bell was like the Magic 8 Ball. I foresee several 6 hour, lots of 3-4 hour bike practices in my immediate future to make amends for being a quitter.

5 comments:

  1. scott - i was wondering where you were, and there you were right on my wheel (2nd last pic).

    don't feel dirty - it was 102F!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pain is temporary and quitting is forever.

    Who dressed Curt?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Kurt got confused when he was getting dressed in the car, must have been the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shane thanks for kicking a brother while he's down. Agony to insult.

    You never know with Curt. You'd think with all that Dr. $$$ he could afford new duds. I will give him style points for riding around with a big fat wallet shoved up his shorts leg before the start of the race.

    Greg I do plan on getting on my feet, running that is, to get ready for cross.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew you could take the humor.

    ReplyDelete

Google