Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Where have you been?

I'm sure that's the question everyone is asking. Why haven't I updated lately. I've been busy dammit cut me some slack. I've been getting in a lot of bike practice. The family & I went to the lake for the working man's weekend. I cut my grass. I've been working on my bikes. I made a trip to the doc. That's about it for this update, just kidding.

Saturday I made an epic ride to my parents house. 112 & change. 6 hours in the saddle with about 9000' of climbing( I wore my altimeter). 18 ish mph avg all solo. Not too shabby. I've been practicing about 270 a week for the last 3 or 4 weeks in my build up to Cross.

On that topic I might not have a cross season. The collarbone isn't healing & I now have to wear a bone stimulator daily. The crap news is if no healing in the next month, no cross. Since according to the Ortho if I crash the bone will poke right through the skin & then I'll have real problems. I now know why Pro Bike Gamers get surgery so they can race right away. Bones are meant to stay inside our skin not stick through it. This bone stimulator is so expensive the Rep comes from the factory to your house to fit you for it. That's service for a few thousand grand.

Mia can now lay on her belly @ will.
Mia in her stylish Baby Gap wet suit. Getting ready for a dip in Nannie's pool. The pool is heated so the wet suit was kind of over kill.
The SS almost built up. Just need to decide on what bars & get a KMC 1/2 link.
My cross bike in the background is also on deck to become a SS crosser when the bike below is painted & built up.
My first good bike is becoming a crosser. All brazed up (TIG'd actually). It used to be white. Now its stripped, sandblasted, & ready for a coat of flat black paint. Very stealthy. Would you believe the frame is a full pound lighter without paint? Its true!
This frame & a few components are for sale if you need a full suspension MTB.

5 comments:

  1. Wow Scott. Good going on your ride to da lake. I wanted to hook up with you for some of that cuz I was over yonder ridin last weekend. Oh well.
    Sorry to hear about your bone!
    That's one small wetsuit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which way did you go?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plainview to Evens rd through backside of Ozark to get to 14. 14 to 125 through Bradleyville to Reuters where I got on 160. Rode that to 5 then on to W down to Pontiac.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm. Cool. What day was this? Fri, SAt, Sun? Traffic wise is my curiosity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mike I've done the same ride 4x this year. All on Saturdays. I've left the house pretty early so have gone through the worst of the traffic on 14 early which was still pretty light. This Sat was a holiday & I left house 2 hours later than normal & traffic still wasn't too bad. Btwen Bradleyville & Reuters I bet I saw 4 cars. Probably one of the coolest section of road around btw.

    ReplyDelete

Google