Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Rain, the lake, sick

Monday it rained like crazy in Arkansas. It traumatized me pretty bad. The draught has been helping out by not rubbing it in my face I can't boat for awhile. Monday all my favorite Arkansas rivers were running huge & where was I? Asleep dreaming about boating. Oh well what's a guy going to do? I've seen a riverside popping back in of a dislocated shoulder & I'd rather not have it performed on me.

I was hoping that the rain would let up enough for me to get in a ride outside. That didn't happen either so I was on the windtrainer. I guess I'm getting soft because Amber went out & ran in the rain saying it would make her tough. We then had the discussion about the difference between being tough & hard. It really didn't make much sense but I'm hard not tough, though now I'm soft because I rode the trainer instead of going out in a light drizzle.

The strangest thing happened while riding the trainer. I went hard enough that I thought I was going to puke. It turns out I didn't go that hard I was just starting to catch a cold. Monday night @ work I got to feeling more & more crap like as the hours ticked by. I went home that AM hit the bone stimulator & crashed out for a solid 7 hours of sleep. I woke up feeling not much better but I think it's just a head cold.

Being an idiot I figured I could sweat it out so I headed over to the Lake to ride my CX bike. I've changed my practices up a little this year & I'm doing some top secret training I can't let you all in on yet just in case it actually works. While riding around minding my own business I see a guy driving around in his car BUTT ASS NAKED! CC practice is going on so there are about 40 kids in the park. What a creep. I looked for the Park Ranger I had seen just 5 min before but to no avail & the cell was in the car. I guess I should have gone over to the Greenways & worked on bunny hopping the barriers. Its going to happen this year in @ least one race!

Now that I know I'm sick I guess it was a good thing I didn't go out in the rain. Hopefully I can shake this by Saturday. Tonight I'm on my 3rd liter of water & I'm starting to feel a little better. Maybe with some luck I won't be too knackered on Sat since Amber, Mia, & my Mom are coming to watch me race. Last year when Mom came to a CX race she got to see me do a 50' baseball slide on my ass right in front of her. That probably wouldn't go over so well this year. I made Amber the coolest bell for CX. I took an old crank arm & attached it to a cow bell. Now she can ring it till she goes deaf & not blister her hand like last season.

Tonight is circle running practice. As long as I can breath I plan on making it. Must train through the pain.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:29 AM

    lots of red tea and vitamin c, that was probably Shane driving around the lake, I think hes alone this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its on then Scotty! We will race for who is the best sick racer. Cale can have fun with Butthead/Rice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:31 PM

    Oh tell me you're sick again Jim? This routine is getting old. Take a page out of Scotty's book oh' hard ass mother f'ers and train through it...CMac

    ReplyDelete
  4. Listen here you little "lead out" Bitch you wish you were as fast as "sick me". Just wait until this HIV clears up and everybody is toast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jimmy you need to wrap yourself in saran wrap & start washing your hands once in awhile & maybe you won't get "sick" all the time. Plus change your home page from WebMD its for hypochondriacs(SP it right the 1st try!). Man up & yes it's on like Donkey Kong we shall race for best of the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh. Water in AR! I might not boat anymore, although I do miss it, but knowing there is actual water running on top of those ridges makes living down there alot easier(backpacking).

    Something needs to be done about those creeps out at the lake. I had heard about "them" but had never seen them until last year before a race. Made me feel uncomfortable for sure. Until I saw it was just jim.

    ReplyDelete

Google