Thursday, October 05, 2006

Track #1


Yep its that time again. Got out tonight & did my first running since the Turkey Trot last year. I'm thinking this year I might attempt the trot without running 5k in one shot. I met Cale, Rob, Cox, her friend whose name I can't remember, Skip(yes I was floored too), & Farasy all kitted out. They were doing a VanFasten workout while I stuck to tried & true 400's. 10 of them to be precise. Was able to finish all of them in my desired time so not too bad an effort. Need to put the HR on next time to see how deep I'm digging. Though I didn't seem to hard pressed to stay well under 1:30. Toward the end I did feel the old legs getting a little sore.

When I got home Amber had me a good dinner waiting & even treated me to a damn fine massage. You'd figure a guy married to a massage therapist would get a massage all the time but some how it just doesn't work out that way. Hopefully that with the I Be Brokens will let me get on the bike tomorrow.

Tuesday instead of bike practice I went & helped Uncle Jeremy put an alternator in his Passport. I should have known something was not just right when I was told to bring a floor jack. I called in advance to make sure the alternator wasn't hidden in the motor or the likes. It was pretty damn close though. You have to go in through the wheel well to get to it. Engineers are so freaking smart! I think they purposely teach them how to make 5 bolts almost impossible to get to. Really it wasn't to bad once I figured out how to get to it.

The Dunsmuir household has officially switched to DSL. Got it up & running this afternoon before loops. Pretty fast. Was mildly impressed to see it seems faster than cable. Because of this most of you got an email with my new email address. If you didn't get it drop me a line on the old one before it disappears.

Big bike practice this weekend @ the lake. OG says something in the ballpark of 110. Works out nicely since I wanted another century before cross season.

2 comments:

  1. Hey big brother, since you got DSL can you explain it to me and tell me everything we need to do to get hooked up. I could use a visit if you could fit us in? Love yah glad to see you are getting ready for the turkey trot I got your nieces on the track getting ready as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got cable after having dsl for about 2.5 yrs and have had no maintenance!

    ReplyDelete

Google