Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The little engine that made me wait

Its pretty normal for me to have to wait for the occasional train on the west side. Never too long a wait. That is till last night. I sat for almost 30 min btwn 3 crossings. Once I saw the train wasn't moving &I would turn around & head to the next possible crossing to have to move on to the next. So I finally gave up & waited. I had 2 more options in the next mile but I figure they were blocked too, so that made 5 RR crossing blocked within a 2 mile span. I'm not sure but I thought the Rail lines weren't allowed to stop traffic for that long. I had wanted to get in an easy 40oz but opted out after the long delay.
That's a long non moving train!
Stop 3 finally the end of the East bound train.
On the return trip had to wait another 5 min for the West bound train.

Bone doc this AM. X Ray showed promise. A slight hint of growth. Have to use the bone stim for another month then go back in January for another pic to see my progress.

Tomorrow night is circle running part one. Haven't done any running since the Turkey Trot last year so figure I'll do a different workout than the rest. Hopefully I won't puke. I'm going to try & get Amber to come with. Maybe the prospect of seeing the MSU foootballers will have her run circles with me.

5 comments:

  1. We get the same thing on the east side by Rogersville(3 crossings).You could do the drag bike-troll squat method of playing freight car limbo.Take out your earbuds first. I heard that having kids changes that type of behavior though...and smarts, neither of which I have.

    good luck on the bone thing...long time coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sat there thinking about hopping it. The thing was the story about the High Scool Football star(kid from MO can't remember the details, Shane?) who lost his hand hopping the train kept running through my mind. I could see me some how getting my collar bone amputated. So I sat put.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's no little engine! That train would make a mess of a person... or deer... or anything that got in front of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:56 PM

    No playing dodge the train, what would Mia and I do without you? We'd be sad and people would make fun of you. Besides if your next injury is self inflicted I won't be such a wonderful nurse to you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:11 PM

    Cycling shoes are not designed for climbing on trains. Besides your hands get all dirty...CMac

    ReplyDelete

Google