Thursday, December 07, 2006

Habius Corpus & other Latin words


My day in court finally came. I got my subpoena over 2 months ago to testify in the dog tickets case. After sitting tin the court room for two hours thinking that the trial wasn't going to happen the dog owner & his very agitated lawyer showed up. Long story short in was a bench review & I didn't have to testify. Case ruled on though I'd better not mention the outcome.

Not a total waste of time Amber & I got some amusing trial stories out of the deal. Some highlights were the guy with 7 kids who kept getting busted for paraphernalia. The guy who admitted to changing lanes 7x in a half mile but was positive he used his blinker aka mechanical every time. The schizophrenic, bipolar guy(he told the judge this) who "didn't" steal gas from Kum N Go. When he got up to testify the first thought through my head was"why the hell doesn't this court room have metal detectors?" If you have never gone to municipal court you need to go, great way to spend an afternoon.

Tomorrow is my 35th BDay. God I'm getting freaking old. Any who Amber & I are going for pints @ Patton Alley Fri night. Come on out & have a few if you wish. We'll regale you with litigation humor.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! Sorry I will miss it... will be down in Arkansas riding with the BMC boys.

    ReplyDelete

Google