Sunday, January 21, 2007

ARGH! Trees in the way

My plan to get in a good ride on the Frisco trail kind of back fired. I took the SS CX bike since I figured less moving parts the less to screw up. You can't imagine how many trees are down on the trail. A lot you can ride around or through. There are a few sections that you have to climb, drag, or push your way through. After 45 minutes out I lost patience & decided I was getting soaked dragging through the trees so it was time to head home. I hit as much pavement as I could on the way back. Hopefully the thaw will stand some of the trees back up, but I have a feeling that a saw will have to do the brunt of the work. I had plans on doing quite a bit of training on the Frisco this year but it might be awhile before any quality workouts can be done on it.This was one of the better sections. Right after this I ripped my Gore-Tex tights.

This week has kind of sucked training wise so going to make an effort to get on track next week. Yesterdays ride was a pleasant surprise when I looked @ the numbers. It was a lot more quality than I thought it was. Wednesday is the big day when I find out if I go under the knife or not.

1 comment:

  1. Well silly what did you expect to find with all of Greene county and the surrounding areas trashed by ice damage. Now if you had brought your bike down to Ozark County you could have rode to your hearts content. No ice, no snow a little rain and a LOT of mud but the roads are fine.

    ReplyDelete

Google