Monday, January 01, 2007

New Years Day ride

This AM I hopped on the Felt & rode over to Hickory for the New Years Day ride. I rode over thinking we were supposed to ride North & West then I could just cut off & head home for a solid 3 hours. Well that's what I get for thinking. We headed North & East. OOPS! Oh well the first ride of the year should be epic. About 20 souls braved the 36 degree start temp. No Skip & Farasy since I hear they're still stuck in Colorado.

Some where along the way we lost the vast majority of the group so only 9 of us rode in together. That was one long ass piss break they took. My legs started getting heavy & a bonk was well on its way with about an hour to home. My 3 hour ride stretched out too far. I ended up with 4.5 hours for 126.5 km. A long day in the saddle makes for a sore butt when you haven't rode in 3 weeks.

Happy New Years!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:20 PM

    The long piss break was actually a broken chain and two flat tires. It was a long ride.

    Roger

    ReplyDelete
  2. We wondered what had happened. We soft pedalled for ever then stopped @ a store to wait. We figured you guys decided to go another way.

    ReplyDelete

Google