Thursday, January 04, 2007

Cuts like a knife

Yesterday was my semi annual trip to the bone Doc. Guess what? Still looks like crap so now I get to go to a surgeon to be told what my surgical options are. Great! Should have had my collarbone operated on 6 months ago. Hind sight. The part that I don't like was there was mention of cutting the broken section of bone out. I bet that will feel wonderful. All in all yesterday was a pretty crappy day. Maybe I'll luck out & surgery won't be necessary. I get to stew over it till the 24Th which makes my motivation to ride plentiful(read very sarcastically). I mean what the hell is the point if I'm going to loose another 2 months to freaking rehab. I guess the one upside is its winter so the trainer won't be too bad.

8 comments:

  1. Scrap that Niece comes first. She is so excited and if you go it will break her little heart. Don't worry about surgery. What is the point? What will be will be! Cross that bridge when you come to it. Love yah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:33 PM

    SCOTT,
    WHAT DO ARE YOU GOING TO SEE? IF YOU GET A CHOICE AND HE IS IN YOUR NETWORK YOU SHOULD GO SEE PAUL FREWIN. HE IS A GREAT GUY AND HAS DONE SOME STUFF FOR ME AND WORKED ON SOME OF MY FRIENDS.
    SHANE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:33 PM

    I MEANT WHAT DOC, NOT WHAT DO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:01 PM

    Scott, Sounds like you are looking at what I had done. The cut about 3 or 4 mm off the end of my bone and put a screw in holding the ligaments up and then tied with kevlar rope my clavicle to somewhere under it to keep it down.

    Good luck.

    GregP

    ReplyDelete
  5. Edit of Mikes comment so his phone # isn't out there for everyone in WWW to see.

    Dewd, I'm truly sorry to hear about that. Maybe you and Jim can convalesce together. I think you guys could get some mad nueromuscular/muscle tension workouts on the trainers by riding no handed...good for the core muscles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shane Crites is the Doc. I don't think Frewin is in my network.

    Greg from what the ortho said kind of sounds like it.

    Mike I'll give you a call haven't ridden Ponca in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:42 PM

    That is the same surgery they want to do on my right shoulder. I am holding out until the pain is even more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8:50 PM

    Scott,

    Really bad luck. I say we have a small party at your house, drink some beer, invite Curt for just a little knowledge and try and fix it ourselves. I am sure we could find a spare carbon seat post or some other bike part to stick in there. We could give you a bullet to bite and start cutting. You game??

    Roger

    ReplyDelete

Google