Monday, January 29, 2007

Weekend in Review

Friday got out & enjoyed the "warm" weather with a descent ride. Just a quick ride though since I don't see much point right now in building form since I'll have to start from ground zero again in a couple of weeks. Going to use the off time to try & tweek my new training plan. Friday evening my whole family came for dinner. This included my extended St. Louis family since they were in town for the Home Show aka Office Supply Trick or Treat(more in a bit). I should mention the pic to the left is stolen from the Springfield News Leader without permission incase I get sued.

Amber & I think our house is pretty good sized till we fill it to full bed capacity. Add to that a 1.5 year old & wow does it get small in a hurry. The 1.5 year old is Madison of the St. Louis family. She's a sweet heart & really enjoyed playing with Mia & trying to get Uncle Scott to let her go upstairs. Its hard to say no to that cute face but its even harder to cross her Mom Paula & her Nanny Lyn. Paula was in town to work the AT&T booth @ the Home Show so she got us all free tickets as well.

If you never been to the Home show you are missing out on a prime opportunity to stock up on yard sticks & various office supplies. Each booth gives something away. Its so retarded the amount of crap they give away some booths give away sacks so you can haul all of it. My nieces have a year supply of pens, highlighters, & yard sticks. On the topic of yard sticks who's the genius that thought it would be a good idea to give away yard sticks to kids in a convention haul packed to the rim with people? What's the first thing that is going to happen? That's right they are going to whack someone, usually me, with it. We did get to see some cool things, but after you've seen 2 types of blown insulation the other 15 get a bit redundant.Sunday I took the opportunity to cut down my tree & mark off the to do list all the things that require the use of 2 good arms. I made a pretty good dent in it too. I think I have a good list of one armed things to occupy my time after the pain meds wear off Thursday. Though I've been threatened by every women I know to take the pain meds this time for more than 48 hrs. Is it my fault they don't enjoy pain as much as I do?

Sunday AM as I was getting ready to head out to the yard I got a call from John Jones asking me if I was watching CX world's on Cycling.TV? I had tried earlier but it wouldn't let me on. He said try again since the Elite men were live & I wouldn't believe what was happening. Holy Crap John Page was leading! I sat for the next 30 minutes yelling @ my computer screen every time Page attacked or got attacked. He put up a valiant effort but came up short on the final stair section. Vervecken was just too fast up them. But Silver @ World's is amazing. That makes 3 Silver's for the US; Elite Men, Elite Women Katie Compton, & Juniors Danny Summerhill. Then I find out in 07 the US gets to host a World Cup. Cross is going to be HUGE next season. Now I have some motivation to start training once I heal up.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:32 PM

    pain medicines suck,

    ReplyDelete
  2. cross huge? please. do you have any areo bars i could use for a couple months? 31.8 clap?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hogan U suck! Going to Mexico while poor Farasy is without power. Mean, just plain mean. I hope you rubbed it in when you got back.

    Jimmy only aero bars I have are on my TT bike. If you were taller I'd loan you the whole bike. Call Stokes I think he has a set laying around.

    ReplyDelete

Google