Tuesday, April 03, 2007

The big news

Thanks to Cale having mystical seeing powers my first part news is out of the bag. Yes I have a day job now. Hopefully Monday after 5 years of nights I'll be moving to days. I've been offered a promotion which gives me a ton more responsibility. Once all the final details are worked out, hopefully by week end. I'll move to days & start training for my position as scheduler/planner. Full on office job so no more working out of my toolbox. Guess I'll bring it home. I'll have less time to turn out custom parts. That'll give me a reason to buy a mini lathe & start my home machine shop.

My second part big news is I'm done with cycling. Instead I'm going to start training for Ninja Warrior. If you haven't seen it your missing out. Greatest show ever! In 17 challenges only 2 people have met the challenge of Ninja Warrior. I'm pretty sure once I rehab my shoulder I can become number 3. This show has become HUGE in Japan. Competitors build replicas of the obstacle courses to train on. I'm going to start building mine & get in shape. Then look out Japan here I come.

Here's a sampling:



11 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:02 PM

    I knew that with the recent grumblings on the blog that you were missing to much Mia time and something had to change. Knowing the standup guy/father that you are, you made the necessary move. I'll ignore the cycling comment...CMac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:25 PM

    NICE! What are you going to do, not working nights and getting odd sleep patterns? Congrats.
    I like the Ninja competition. That looks to suite you, but you might have to bulk up on some muscle though.
    GregP

    ReplyDelete
  3. No need to muscle up. The muscle heads always suck. Its the little guys like myself who can do pull ups all day long who do well. I will need to gain back that 5/8" in my left arm though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool!
    So are you liked really stoked? I think you'll add years to your life now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have to give up your coffin you were sleeping in and your vampire teeth?

    Will you vote Repub now?

    Do you need to borrow any ties?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:53 AM

    Welcome to the world of "The Day Job." From wierd sleeping patterns to fun traffic patterns.
    Good luck!
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:43 PM

    Ninja rocks-Ill be your training partner, we can build the course at my house, pullups, your toast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hogan I'd kill you. Classic big guy v small guy. If you had your boys up against me then I'd be worried.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous5:39 PM

    Your gonna have to work on that upper body, Im not sure 1 pullup and a bench press of 45lbs is going to be enough.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1 pull up? I aced the presidential Fitness test years ago & still can. How about you?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous10:19 AM

    skinny boy pullups=x
    fat boy pullups=x+1

    ReplyDelete

Google