Monday, April 23, 2007

Don't call me Skip

Yes I know its been over a week since my last update. I had a very busy week. I did manage to get out on Wednesday & do part of the Wednesday night ride. My bike shifted like Hogan had worked on it. Let it sit idle too long. The ride wasn't pretty & I took the shortcut. All in all for my first ride back after surgery it was OK. Not as bad as it could have been, but not as good as I would have hoped for. Tested my legs on the trailer park hill. They're crap. Lungs are pretty bad too. My shoulder gave out about the hour thirty mark. The last thirty I was doing some interesting moves to stay on the bike & finish. Hopefully I can start getting on a semi regular basis & build some base.

Saturday had an all day training session for work. Listening to speakers for 8 hours while wearing a tie can be tiring on a guy. I did say tie. It was mandatory. Company policy is if you have corporate level training you have to look the part. Saturday night went to Rock n Ribs. Drank to much is all I'll say about that.

New job is going well. I head off to work every morning looking all executive like. To add to that now I have a brief case(soft sided) to lug around my company laptop. Our CMS (computerized maintenance system) is web based so I can do part of my job from anywhere with a wireless connection. Once the transition is complete I think my new position will be pretty cool.

I have no new pics of the Mia. I'll try and correct that this week.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:24 AM

    A TIE! I need a picture of that! Did you have to go out and buy one? Or did you actually have one in the closet?
    Man, Scott is growing up on us. Glad to hear you rode. I rode my MTN bike to work and back Friday, nearly kicked my butt with the headwind all the way home. Talk about out of shape.
    Keep healing.
    GregP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:54 PM

    Understatement of '07 "drank too much", ha ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:26 PM

    Welcome to the big leagues "Tie Guy"! If you need any more ties go see Dave at A&B, he has an eBay store where he sells ties. Really! I have several from his collection. Very reasonable, you can shop right at his house and even have a good cold import while picking out your tie.
    Stay on top of the rehab!
    Steve

    ReplyDelete

Google