Saturday, April 14, 2007

Week 1 in the land of night time sleepers

Week one has come and gone with me working days. I have a long road ahead of me to be able to sleep like a normal person though. My body is still on a reverse schedule. Though I'm not complaining, much.

Tuesday & Wednesday I was in Harrison shadowing my counterpart @ Pace. They too have my current employer as a maintenance provider. Sounds like I might be doing quite a bit of plant hopping in the near future for training purposes. Yesterday was a very hectic day since I had to make up for the two missed days by doing 3 days worth of work in one day. Yikes. I have some serious eye strain from staring at the computer.

Its official my toolbox has left the plant & taken up residence in my garage. I got told Thursday without a doubt I was not to work break downs except to perhaps point. That is pretty hard for me since I usually find it easier to just do it myself than try & explain how to do it. I'm going to really have to work on that one.

On the riding front there still is no riding being done. The weather today might motivate me to get on the trainer though. Still can't make myself get back on the road since I have no desire to start getting in shape, then have another forced lay off when this damn plate & screws come out. The good thing is my mobility in my arm is improving almost daily. I can now swing my arms so I might just start running again & get a jump on cross season.

Monday Mia turns 11 months old. Time sure is flying. We're already planning her 1 year birthday party. Sounds like we're going to do a kids party, then that evening have an adults party to celebrate Amber's birthday.

4 comments:

  1. wow, you are having your plate removed already? My doc wants mine to stay in forever...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, unfortunately I have the kind that can't stay in. Something to do with the shape. The little S bend hooks under my Scapula. I guess if I would crash on it it could do more damage than it would prevent. Just one more complication with where my break happened. If it can be helped don't break your collar bone in the end 1/3.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:57 PM

    I dont know if the pain is more or less but if you just tear the tendons off the end of your collarbone it heals faster plus you get to walk around with what looks like a boner in your shoulder
    TM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:57 PM

    ok need new pics of my niece and would like to know what has been going on in your household please! love you

    ReplyDelete

Google