Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I'm in total shock

What the hell has happened to cycling? I've been watching/following the Tour De France since 1986. Never miss it. I could say till a few hours ago this has been by far the best Tour in all the years I've been following it. Two of the most bad ass climbers going at it. Attack, after attack that's the kind of racing I like.

Now this stupid shit. This years race will now have a cloud over it just like last years. What really kills me is my most favorite cyclist has to leave the tour in disgrace because his team mate & his team are a bunch of idiots. Now a cloud will hang over Salvodelli.

Plus to add insult to it Contador & Rasmussen both will have everyones fingers pointing at them. The ASO is already saying they should have refused to let Rasmussen start. Contador is already linked very weakly to Puerto. With Disco having signed Basso, then Basso admitting his guilt I bet Contador will now be in the hot seat. That would be a shame since he's a rising star in cycling.

I really expect a strike to take place tomorrow & the racing to be neutralized in protest by the riders. I hope this doesn't happen but remember after Festina got caught? Same thing happened. I'd hate to miss out on one last day in the mountains to watch the climbers go at it again. I just hope their spirit isn't broken. Mine all but is, I can't take another scandal.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:37 PM

    So how about Rasmussen. Great for discovery but bad for the sport.
    Is the doug greek guy from my old home town. Just wondering because I grew up with one that was a year behind me in school.
    See ya
    Your brother in law

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you should put less stock in the Tour De Dope and check out some real riders that are competing in an unofficial, unsponsored, no prize endurance bike race across the Rocky Mountains.

    http://www.climbingdreams.net/ctr/

    Don't get me wrong, these guys probably do their fair share of doping, but who can blame them. The dope is just sooooo good out there.

    ReplyDelete

Google