Monday, July 23, 2007

race results

State TT was good & bad. Bad because I didn't win but I knew I wouldn't. I got 2nd by like 9 sec in Master's. Though if I would have raced 3's I would have won by over a min, go figure. That would have rocketed me up the MOBAR standings. Oh well I would have felt cheap with such a slow winning time in 3's. Oh yeah my time, that was kinda good. I rode a 57:25, which was an improvement from last years 58:17. I guess you can get in some sort of shape on 200k a week.
I stole this of Flicker

It's probably the first TT I've ever done where I stuck to a plan. I wanted to keep my average heart rate @ 166 (my lactate threshold) & I did for the first 20k which was into a headwind. Knowing I had a tailwind for the return I bumped it up to an average of 170 for the return. I went out in 29:39 & came back in 27:46. I told you it was a tailwind. I think I held back to much though because I rode the last kilometer @ 50 KPH, hitting the line @ 55KPH. If I would have realized how good I was going a 56 something was probably possible. Next year.

The coolest part of the day was shadowing my 10 year old teammate Conner Estes. The USCF requires someone to follow behind kids this young to ensure they are safe. So I followed him for his 20 K TT. He's pretty good. He has great handling skills, better than most adults. He also is fast. He got third in the 10-12 yo division. He was the 10 year old, everyone else was 12. He also had no aero bars, though he had shoe covers. I'm guessing they were meant for Skip & Jim. Remember this one because if he sticks with it he could be the SPR's next Pro.

Now for the rubbing it in part: I beat Greek by 2 seconds. But we both got beat by a chic so we both suck.
I'd have been 5th in the 1-2. Isn't it fun to play should a, would a, could a
Yes that's a 56:53!
I stole this off flicker too

4 comments:

  1. nice work! pretty interesting, you kicked some ass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah my own. I'm a tired little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:39 AM

    Nice job! A tailwind finish??? Must be global warming!

    Pretty sporty for a gimp with one good arm, at least you got two good legs.

    Greg P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know probably be another ten years before conditions are that good again. Temp was perfect as well, low 70's. I wish I would have been in shape enough to take advantage of it.

    ReplyDelete

Google