Wednesday, August 15, 2007

DIY Wednesday

I've been wanting to add some shelving to my pantry ever since Amber & I bought our house 2 years ago. I figured with my shoulder feeling pretty good & having plenty of free time I could kill an hour or two & get it done.

A nice blank wall to work with.
A quick trip to Lowe's in my "truck" to get some lumber.
The current shelves have a little decorative piece I'm going to copy.
Once I figured out which bit I chucked it up in the old Router.
Remember to always wear your safety glasses!
Checking the depth
Here's the finished product, kind of hard to see.
Checking to see if my stud finder is working. Yep.
Cutting the braces on my miter saw.
I'm going to use my compressor & brad nailer to attach everything.
Said brad nailer.
The long braces are installed.
These are the end braces.
My miter saw won't cut 1x12 so had to use my framing saw.
A quick once over with the sander to remove all the mill marks.
The finished product installed. Now it just needs a quick coat of paint & they'll be ready for more food storage for me.

7 comments:

  1. Now I am convinced...You need your own show on HGTV. Bitchin set of tools.

    ogppki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve I thought you'd like that post. You've only seen the tip of the iceberg when it comes to my tools.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you are recovering fast. Hope to see on a bike soon. Can you weld? I need some work done on the Jeep door.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jim I can't believe you asked me that. You've seen some of my handy work. My welder is currently @ my parents house. How much welding do you need? I can do some @ work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:22 PM

    I can see you paid attention in middle school shop, always wear your safety glasses...CMac

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:53 PM

    You have had wayyyyy tooo much time on your hands this week and with the freakishly quick healing that's occurred in your shoulder, gotten some things done around the house. Which of course I appreciate but I'm ready for you to go back to work! LOVE YOU BUNCHES!!!

    PS I know you're ready too;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can always come visit your mother and help me build another chicken tractor I have baby chicks by the hundreds literally.
    Where is my list for Tom?
    Was Mis Mia helping? she needs her own set of tools.

    ReplyDelete

Google