Sunday, August 05, 2007

A path to somewhere

Remember this? Well this AM I got up & started work on this little project. A path from the side deck stairs(the original deck stairs) to the back yard gate. When its done it will be about 24 feet long & I'll be very sore from mixing Quikrete. I'm hoping a by product of it will be some return of my upper body. I'm also trying to fool myself into thinking this is a workout since my training has gone to crap since state TT. I know I'll be paying later for slacking now but its hard to motivate when I'm 4 days out from the knife.
I've made it about a quarter of the way on day one. That's 6 80 lb bags of Quikrete laying there. I stained it a nice Charcoal color. So easy even Skip could do it if he weighed more than the bag, he doesn't, so he'd have to get help.
The plan is to put lattice along the side next to the house to allow some sort of flowering vine to grow on it. Once done I'm going to back fill it with some nice top soil & plant grass seed in the voids. Then plant grass along the side to fill in that lovely patch of dirt.

6 comments:

  1. Skippy and concrete do not mix! And I would bet he weighs atleast 100!

    Good luck on the surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. plant thyme in the cracks not grass seed it will bloom in the spring not grow very tall and smell wonderful everytime you walk on it.
    Can't wait to see the finished product. When can you come to my house and do my walk way down the side of the house?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a solid 149 lbs. Not sure I could lift an 80 lb bag though. That walkway looks good thus far, seems like 80 lbs doesn't go too far?

    ReplyDelete
  4. 149? Come on Skip that's about what I weigh & I'm a good 2 feet taller than you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn Scott,
    When are you going to get your own show on HGTV? Looking good!

    Good luck with your surgery.

    skxcbrae

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe Bryon can hook me up? Stay tunes I have some pretty cool projects in the works.

    ReplyDelete

Google