Thursday, September 20, 2007

Now its CX Season

CX season can start now, I have my ride all built up & ready to go. Now for the fine tuning. I talked to Patrick @ A&B the other day sounds like there is a little excitement this year for the SPR CX scene. There might even be a weeknight practice series, low key no prizes, no bitching (I know that leaves out Bud).

Here's what you all have been waiting for. Ridley Crosswind (17.13 lbs as pictured not as light as I wanted but not heavy), all Dura Ace, XT canti brakes (staying only if I can't get a set of TRP's) , Mavic Ksyrium wheels; has road rubber right now, will have TUFO's, plus I have a set of tubular Ksyrium's that I'll probably mount Challenge Grifo's (another grass root program sponsor) to. Thompson seatpost, Eggbeaters, & FSA carbon handlebar from my Felt.

Dura Ace crank with 45/38 gearing. I had good luck with single ring up front 2 years ago so I'm still kicking that idea around. Especially since @ Nats you could get away with it. Plus would shave a few more ounces off.
I hope I don't regret 10speed. Emery put that fear in me 2 years ago, spacing too close together. I know why would anyone listen to Emery? But he actually makes sense on this one.
Full carbon fork
My cockpit.
This is the view most of you will get.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:58 PM

    That's a good looking rig! It's no Van Dessel but it will get you by. Now the engine will need some horse power upgrades to keep up with the big dogs...CMac

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I'm talkin about...smack talk from CMac. Don't you have some crash victims to pick on?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you set up that box fan to blow a crosswind over your crosswind?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's very observant & actually funny Ryan. Nope its for early morning wind trainer workouts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scott, on those pro's blogs when they talk about a wind trainer workout, they aren't talking about sitting in front of a fan early in the morning in one's garage. The wind doesn't train you unless you are making it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet Ride! Now get out there and kick some ass. And make sure Hogan is out there taking pictures, he did a hell of a job during the TOM.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Skip's on a roll, that too was funny. Shame he can't back up all that trash talking with his legs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous4:38 PM

    You are correct about the view from behind (on a bike stand) as the first time you dump on a barrier the sling goes back on the arm and the bike collects dust again.

    Just a little ribbing... nice looking ride.

    JJ

    ReplyDelete

Google