Saturday, November 24, 2007

Jingle Cross Day 1

Day went ok. Didn't get a good start. Call ups were based on registration so I was on the third row which I traded up to get on the 2nd row. Fast start which saw me chasing from the get go.
Was 10th going into the first barriers.
By the end of the first lap I'd moved up to the lead group of 3. Lots of running & climbing on this course & I used it to move up. Eventually got my self free & sat in 2nd for a couple of laps solo.



Call the cops I know this run up is against the law.
Technical slick downhill right after the run up. Very sketchy.
Lappers were supposed to be pulled but they weren't. I had one crash me & take me out of contention for 2nd. I regrouped & grabbed on to 3rd place. Couldn't come around at the finish. Rolled across the line in 4th or so I thought. A snafu with the results showed me as DNF. After talking to a lot of officials & the race director I got placed back in the results. They hand scored the results. I was placed by 3 of the 4 officials. They made the results off the list I wasn't on, DOH! I may not get payed out though since they started handing out the money before I got my situation taken care off. Supposedly tomorrow they are going to "make things right" & pay me out.
Horner's not so PRO with the seat clamp.
Wells' White Dugast's. Bad ass! He didn't race on them since they are dry course tires.

Well's won by a ton. Enough so he was jumping a burm & doing cross ups. I have it on video & will post them when I get back to Missouri. Horner 2nd, Bjorn Selander out sprinted Schoutan for 3rd(last to 3rd). Butthead finally got some UCI points with a massive charge from the very back of the grid to place 9th.

3 comments:

  1. wow. shit. how do you "trade up" to move up a row? I'll trade you a topps Don Mattingly card if you slash bitch's white tires. nice riding. good luck tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job with all that Scott.
    The machine gives and the machine takes. It seems to take alot from me. Woe is me.
    I love white stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You trade up by lining up behind an obviously over weight guy. Then stare @ him till he looks at you then hope he takes pity on you & gives up his grid spot to you. Plan worked to perfection.

    ReplyDelete

Google