Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Turkey Day Eve

It's almost time to get our eat on for the Feast of 07. I saw on the news the average Turkey Day dinner consists of 5000 calories. That's nuts! Two days calories in one sitting. My appetite is finally back, but I'm going to try & resist to much temptation so I'm not weighed down this weekend in Iowa. It's going to be hard with this already sitting on the counter.
That's homemade by my talented wife. Oreo cookie crust cheesecake with a caramel nut topping. I gained a pound taking the picture. Oh well thanks to the sickness I'm down to a svelte 150, a pound or two probably won't kill me. I'll have to run extra hard at the Turkey Trot to burn some extra calories. I might be burning them to stay warm. Forecast is for COLD, luckily they took the rain out.

Iowa is a go by the way. (EDIT Found this link) Hotel room booked, race entered. Amber & I leave out Friday afternoon for a quick 7 hour drive. Mia is staying home with her Nana & Poppa Top. I don't expect much on Saturday but pain. It will take a few laps to blow the cob webs out of the legs after a 2 week lay off. Hopefully I can get a good start & hang in till my legs come around. Race pays 10 deep so that's all I shooting for on day 1. Day 2 I hope my legs will have found me & I can go for a top 5. I'll try & post a few updates while at the hotel. The forecast for Iowa doesn't look too bad, mid 40's. I was hoping for a little mud or even some snow. I guess dry is good since it will keep Amber out of the pits. She didn't seem too excited about washing bikes in 40 degree weather.

Happy Feast to everyone & happy Black Friday. Which starts at 4 am this year. When is enough enough? Poor cashiers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google