Thursday, December 13, 2007

Fired UP!

Saw this in Cyclingnews this AM & I got excited for Nationals. I'm headed up Friday to stay with my dad in his 5th wheel. He's camped just across from Wynadotte Park. I can ride to the race if I want. Very cool. Hopefully I can catch the 45+ Masters then get a few laps in on the course. I'm ready to race but I'm even more ready to be a rabid cyclocross fan. Last night I picked up one of these bad boys.
That with my 3 bells I should be able to make some noise for Sundays races.

Sounds Like the SPR will be representing with its fan base. We should get everyone together Saturday night for come cocktails to warm up. Its going to be cold standing around. Anybody willing to venture who will win on Sunday? Right now I think its a 3 man race Page, Trebon, Johnson. Depending on the conditions my top 3 change. If its muddy I say Page, Johnson, Trebon. If its relatively "dry" I say Trebon, Page, Johnson. I guess we'll find out on Sunday. My predictions for Saturday? I hope to finish in the top 20.

17 comments:

  1. I will be arrive in KC around 9:30 pm on Saturday? Beers and shots somewhere in Westport?

    My heart says:
    Wells, Trebon, Wicks, Tillford
    Reality says:
    Trebon, Page, Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wicks baby! Think he will wear his gold speedo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rumor has it the Speedo is going up for auction since there was so much controversy over Wicks winning. There is video of him riding around a set of barriers.

    oops didn't mean to forget Wells . He looked pretty impressive in Iowa. He does have a history of rising to the occasion on crappy days. Though I hate to see the National champion skipping out on World's. It should be mandatory if you win you have to represent @ World's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:05 PM

    Oh the drama, riding around barriers. That's about the only way Wicks can win. Page's head is a wreck after all his team bs, he's out of the top five. What kind of booze should I get for shots out on the course?

    Wells, Johnson, Trebon

    CMac

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Page has something to prove. This year has been a struggle and he is out for blood. Remember he has won 3 national championships and finished 2nd last year after being injured. This is going to be sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Page is a fighter. Remember 2005? In the hospital till 10:30pm with an IV in his arm & still pulled 3rd place. I too think he has something to prove this year. Its going to be a dogfight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:32 PM

    No takers on the booze?

    ReplyDelete
  8. LA bailed on MO so Upper Management is drivin and I am not working on Monday so bring Jack, Jim, jagermeister, schnapps and anything else that is nasty so I can vomit on the riders. This may be my only chance to ever get in Velonews.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous11:54 PM

    There's the spirit! Let's puke out on the course and not even be in the race...CMac

    ReplyDelete
  10. JPOW!

    Powers is due.

    or

    Wells

    or

    Page

    Tilford will go top 5

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous10:29 AM

    2 girls 1 cup type puking! I wanna see some poop and puke.
    TM

    ReplyDelete
  12. J powers now that is a bold move. He is riding well this year. But to many late nights with the turn tables doesn't add up to a cross title. Now how about some Jager. Tequila will make me hyper sexual at first then I will puke everywhere. I know skip doesn't want that. But come on its cross.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous1:42 PM

    I forget to tell you last night but Dawson called and said good luck. Actually he called to wish us all good luck, he was little surprised when I told him you where the only one racing...CMac

    ReplyDelete
  14. I guess that makes me the last of the true hard men in the SPR.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The last... where is the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Be careful with the driving/weather.


    Git-r-done!

    ReplyDelete
  17. good luck! sorry I won't be there to wear my "I heart Dunsmuir" t-shirt.

    ReplyDelete

Google