Friday, January 23, 2009

Knobbies

I finally broke down & pulled the semi slicks off the MTB & put on some real knobbies. Thanks to a "flextime" like system I was able to bail early Thursday to get in some dirt/mud time in just shorts & a jersey in January!!

Sometimes you have to like Global Warming.

It wouldn't be a ride @ Sac without a flat. Took about 45 minutes. Sections are pretty muddy so its easy to pick up the beloved thorn.

After a good couple of hours. Its a start on my build up to the Bone Bender. Hopefully I can get on the MTB once or twice a week before March. I guess trail conditions will dictate that.

The knobbies(we'll call them that for now since I have several sets to try before determining what I'll stick with)worked pretty good. Great for the dry loose conditions, but sucked in the mud. Clogged too easily. Its been a long time since I've been on a really good MTB & the Kona is F.U.N.! to ride. I would bet in a short track it would be incredible, though way to fast for me. I need to sit down with the R7 manual & learn a little more about it to get it dialed better. I bottomed it out a few too many times. Just my current lack of knowledge on "modern" MTB technology.


Mia is at Nanny & Granddad's house this weekend so its a mommy & daddy weekend! Plus I get a chance to hang out with my two wheel BFF(Amber's word's).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google