Thursday, September 02, 2010

Running along

Well #project18 is coming along nicely.  First tune up 5k is in a couple of weeks.  Have my weekly mileage into the 20-25 mile range.  I'll hold it steady there till maybe November then hit 30 or 35 to start to taper for the goal race of #project18.

I've moved my mileage up slowly.  Start with 2.5 mile runs then bumped my pace up. Bumped up to 4, then bumped pace up, then up to 5 miles which I'm at now.  I'll hold it at 5 miles till I can hit 5 miles @ 6:45 pace pretty easily.  Should be doable.

Riding is playing second fiddle right now with saddle time being sporadic.  Mostly an occasional spin or commute to work.  I did hit the trainer for an hour yesterday to avoid the monsoon.  Right now & in the immediate future running gives me more bang for my buck.  I can get the same amount of TSS in 30 min running as I can get in an hour & a half on the bike (that is without intervals which I'm in now shape for).  

Since I had a pretty wicked bought of insomnia last night I got out with the sun coming up for a quick 5 miler.  I'm thinking I might get out in a few for an hour of low level power hill repeats on the bike.  Snagging saddle time where I can.  Got to take a nap today since tonight is my first night back at work this week; so might as well make myself tired.

Four on Four off is good & bad for training for sure.  I have been getting some strength work in at work.  The locker room has a perfect pull up bar.   I'm up to 50 in a 12 hour shift.  Not too bad when you factor in I'm doing them with steel toe boots on as well.  I might get back to my previous strength when I was climbing & kayaking all the time. 

Typing more than 140 characters is making my fingers tired.  I've set up a Tumblr account for posts longer than 140 characters & less than a novel that blogging takes.  Yes I know I'm a social media whore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google