Sunday, May 01, 2011

Lean Green Running Machine 5K

Saturday was my first 5K of the year.  I went into it as a test race.  I'd trained pretty hard for several days prior & I just wanted an idea of where I was at speed wise.  Pretty good by the looks of it.  19:02 on a hilly course with a strong headwind every time I went downhill or on the flats.  I was pretty sore too, so I'm very happy with a time 2 secs slower than the Turkey Trot in November.  I would call this race harder than Turkey Trot if for no other reason than it has less people & I had to run most of the race by myself.  I ended up 4th overall & 2nd in 31-40 (strange age grouping)

I got a Garmin Forerunner 210.  Its pretty cool, especially the pacing feature.  It kept me from going out too hard & I was able to run descent splits.  Plus it up loads all my data.


Going to have to take it out riding so I can compare watts to GPS.  Now I can get me a Strava account.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google