Saturday, March 17, 2012

Creative Training

With my work schedule its hard to get a lot of miles in.  I'm kinda maxed out at 50-55 per week.  I've been kicking around the idea of running to work.  This being a transitional week & I'm back on weekends I figured it was time for a test run. 

If it isn't too bad I'm going to try & run commute a couple times per week.  Will give me 7 miles each way.  That should let me bump my mileage up.  I'd like to try a hundred mile week just for the Hell of it.  Haven't done that since college.  110 was my all time max.

I doubled up on the amount of food I brought to work last night so didn't have to lug that.  I did forget to bring an extra set of clothes so had to bring that but those fit in my GoLite running fanny pack.  Next time I'll plan better so I carry less.

Had a pretty good head wind which made the hills at the end of the run hard.  I think I managed around a 7:30 avg.  Will have to wait till I download the file. 

Now the interesting part of the test.  Working all night & then running home.  All the hills are in the 1st half going home so have that going for me. 

My Damn head phones lost sound in one side again.  I don't know why but that is how all my headphones die.  This was a cheap pair & it showed since they barely lasted a month or so.  I've had 4 or 5 pair die this way I'm the last couple of years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google