Thursday, March 15, 2012

Garmin Connect & Ubuntu 11.10

Sine switching to Linux i have had to make some adjustments.  Garmin doesn't support Linux with their Garmin Connect feature.  Not really a problem since I can manually upload workouts from my Garmin 210.  If I have a bunch stored it becomes a bit of a hassle.

I found a nice little Firefox plugin that works like the regular Garmin plug in.  Andreas Diesner wrote the plugin.  On his website he has great instructions how to use the plugin.  Highly recommended if you use Linux & have a Garmin device.

A funny little bug with the Garmin site while using Linux.  When I use Firefox the note function in calendar doesn't work.  But if I use Chrome to browse the site it works.  Hopefully Andreas writes a Chrome plugin so I don't have to use Firefox at all.

http://www.andreas-diesner.de/garminplugin/doku.php

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google