Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Tuesday Night Ride

Amber planned on going into work early today so motorpacing was out. Instead Cynthia talked me into coming out for the Tuesday night ride. OK ride over, ride back, easy to moderate 4 hours: WRONG! 20 mph headwind over turned into an hour fifteen sufferfest. Then Bradley's back is feeling better so he drops the Hammer. Then we get to Turner's Bend Hill and I dump it to see what the group is made off. Well had to do some circling @ the top. A little group forms up with 4 or 5 guys, which Bradley and I ride off our wheels; so on we go. I'm doing the majority of the work since we're into the wind. Brad's dumping it on the hills. Oh yeah I'm still in my 39 by the way. Had a quick use of the 53 up TB hill but that was it. Spinning like made between 19 and 23 mph. Guess Brad's lost some fitness with his back because I rode him off my wheel a couple of times either that or my fitness is finally coming around.

Last night @ Hell took my pulse, after drinking a pot of coffee, @ 52. Not bad ; hadn't been that low since back in the altitude days.

Well long story short 4 hours 15 min later I'm back @ home around 9pm actually hurting a bit because of 75 moderate to fairly hard miles in my legs. Gotta love group rides, where else can you see a Felt pimped out with a Brooks 15lbs saddle?

Bet I'm going to suffer on the Wednesday night Big Ring Loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google