Friday, June 17, 2005

Shake down ride & lessons learned

Well went out to today & bought a set of aero bars for Sundays TT. Let me say my faith in Springmo retailers might be turning. I actually walked into a store & bought something without being told "We don't have it but we can order it." Sound familiar? Well it seems to happen to me every time I need something regardless of the store. But not today walked into Sunshine & Emory hooked me up. I even got to watch him patiently explain to a customer why he couldn't superglue a visor to his helmet. After about 5 minutes of this discussion I would have told the guy to glue it to his forehead because that would be all the protection his helmet would offer after being exposed to superglue. I guess that's why I'm not in retail. My hats off to all those in the retail trenches fighting stupidity on the front lines.

Got home and no Disc @ the door(oh well). So I went ahead and installed the bars on the non recommended FSA handlebars. Hey I may not be super bright but Pettus is doing it too & no I wouldn't jump in front of a train if everyone else was. Now without having access to a wind tunnel I did my best guess on what should be a good position. A quick 25 miles later I learned a few things about aero bars.

1) They're fast
b) If you blow snot you'll swerve
3) If you look left or right you'll swerve
d) If you move a muscle you'll swerve
5) If you look @ a chic's ass you'll swerve(wait that happens without aero bars too)
f) If you peddle you'll swerve ( see my dilemma?)

So I'm guessing if nothing else I'll be swerving a few extra miles on Sunday. Sir Phil Ligget says the TT is the race of truth. I guess I'll tell a little lie then because I'm old & slowwwww.


Later got to go drink a few cold Guinesses.

1 comment:

  1. I think the plural form is Guinessi, not Guinesses.

    ReplyDelete

Google