Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Tues night ride

First & foremost read Van Asten's Bee story. I'm still laughing @ his handling skills & the whole description. A must read. Second Farasy must like unemployment because he's flying. I think he's trying to become a climber as well. He better get in some crits soon or all the local group rides will be filled with whiners complaining about how fast the pace is (me for one).
Tonight was a lovely day in the Ozarks, unlike last night’s almostornado. Little windy but great temp. Cruise over to the Tues night ride & in rolls Farasy & his faithful sandbagger sidekick looking for a rumble. Well I haven't ridden in a week but never one to back away from a good beating I could tell tonight was going to be fun! Oh & it was as soon as we drop down into Turners Farasy's winding it up to 35+ and I'm looking for more gear. Hit the climb & I'm all over the road trying to drop him. I think he's been in his evil workshop & built a tractor beam because he was all over my wheel.
After a quick regroup Faresy, Scot Dirt rider, & the sandbagging sidekick decide to open up a big ole can o whoop ass (redneck style). I'm hanging on for dear life & Faresy & sidekick are peeling people off one by one till its just 3 members of the Big Red Train left. Then just about when I thought I was going to have to put the sidekick on the Sandbagger List he pops & Faresy continues to beat me about the head & neck area. Now I'm just a little frail old man so this ass kicking is getting out of control so a truce is called till Wed when there are more victims to succumb to Faresy's peddle mashing.
So the moral of this story is learn to ride downhill with no hands Scot. Never play poker with someone named after a city. Be weary of riders in white shoes because if they can get away with wearing them because they can back it up. All in good fun. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google