Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Wed Night Death Match

What is it about the Death Match Ride that makes people not want to turn out for it? When I first started riding in Springtown everyone said don't do the Wed Night ride its fast, they won't wait for you, it sucks! Sounded like a challenge to me. So I started showing up getting dropped licking my wounds & coming back till I could hang with the Greeker & the Hoganator for the better portion of the ride. Of course this is where my sense of humor started working & I had people convinced I'd never ridden before & had just recently picked the bike up @ a yard sale. But still the Wed night ride is fun, all be it hard.

This Wed most of the usuals showed Stokes & Pettus("I can't climb"), Farasy brought his Louisville Slugger to beat us about the head & neck with. The Sandbagger Skip showed to do a little beating on old men, women, & children. Giving us a good group of 5, just enough to really heat things up.
This week the pace actually stayed reasonable without the constant attacking of EPO(currently #1 on the Sandbagger list). Lots of nice tempo being set. If I hear Pettus say he can't climb one more time I'm going to get off my bike & beat him with it. He set one of the hardest tempos up the Jamesville hill that I can remember in a long while. At the top Farasy broke out the Louisville & whacked us all but Stokes who just sneaked away from a beating. Farasy's another one of those classic "non-climbers" who's going to take a bike beating for complaining about not being able to climb. Supposable I'm a climber & these boys are taking it to me. Maybe I should start crying too.

At the top we meet up with John tri3sports who decides to pull us home @ 30+mph. WOW! Some serious hanging on for dear life there. Boaz sprint I actually felt frisky(mistake) took a beating from Skip(got his old man beating in on me) & Farasy(that ball bat hurts).

Limped on in my legs burning from 7 hours in 2 days of riding with lots of tempo. Hopefully I'll be able to find some speed to help Farasy take home a state jersey in the MO Crit this year. With the way he's swinging the bat right now I don't think anyone can touch him in 3's.

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google