Sunday, July 24, 2005

Home Sweet Home

Got home late Saturday afternoon to a scorcher. It is freaking hot here! We left the Smokies @ a very nice 76 deg to come home to Sprinburg @ a whopping 100+ deg! Damn want a change.

Well no word yet on how Scot V did @ Mt. Evans. I'm guessing he's taking his time to tell me I won his contest. The rest of the OCC boys are taking on the heat in Pittsburgh, KS. I'm guessing we'll have another fine result from Super G. I'm hoping Sandbagger Skip will get a good result as well, his form is certaintly there.

Scott V probably is crapping his pants about now. His boy Vino WON the final stage. Shame the time bonus' were voided. He'd have moved up a place to 5th beating Levi. Earlier in the stage it was cool to see Vino take on 4 Gerolsteiner riders @ the first sprint & win. Vino is starting to win me over as a fan. I like his attacking, throw caution to the wind style(sounds vaguely familiar).

NEWS FLASH: Vino got the 20 sec bonus! He's 5th on GC! Sucks for Levi but Vino deserved it with the last 2 days he's put in. Well now they're saying maybe not. Dman French can't make they're minds up.

Vacation is over, recovery week as well. Time to get the kit back on throw my leg over the bike & get some good training in this week in prep for the Queen City Crits. Who knows on Sunday I may suit up for the double & race with the 1-2's as well.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:14 PM

    The Smokies and Nantahalia River are old stomping grounds for me. Hope you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:19 PM

    "Nantahala River"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Racing went well in Pittsburg KS. It was Cale's turn to show the field his power. He attacked on the rise and got a Champion guy and dead weight guy to go with him. I just sat in and enjoyed the free ride. Cale ended up 3rd. Another solid weeked from OCC.

    Its going to be a show down between OCC and Champion this weekend. They are going to have four or five guy's flying at our crits.

    ReplyDelete

Google