Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Wed Night Chill Ride(almost typed that with a straight face)

First this is being retyped a day later, because my 1847 computer @ work crashed when I hit the publish button last night. It likes to give me a blue screen about 2 or 3 times a night to try & raise my blood pressure.

After my last hot Wed night ride I decided to drive over to McBride so I could have a cooler full of nice cold agua. After the usual dick around we rolled out nicely. ICC, Stoker Ace, EPO, Gunga, Skippy the Sandbagger, & a couple of others who didn't stay around for the night's slow pace.

We had a nice leisurely ride to the first hill talking about the tour, etc. My legs weren't feeling too bad today so when EPO gave his usual attack on trailer park hill I gave it a go(a big go). I think I even heard Stoker Ace breathing heavy @ the top. The next hill we got to see Gunga's new climbing legs. I think unemployment has made him hungry. Jamesville showed me 2 things: I need to work on my climbing & when Stoker Ace says he feels like crap what he really means is he's going to rip your legs off & shove them in your wheels.

From the top of Jamesville is usually a nice stroll to Boaz & tonight was no different. The speedo never dropped below 25. We hit the Boaz sprint with me pulling on the front desperately trying to hold my set pace of 34. Farasy screamed past me @ 70(watts or mph the lingo is confusing) to take the sprint. I enjoy the section from Boaz to the next stair step climb. Tonight saw the pace get really hot. After one long pull I actually Buked. That be burping with chunks that land on your top tube.

EPO decided the pace wasn't hot enough so we rode to Battlefield with our tongues in our spokes. Somewhere along the way Skippy stopped to smell some flowers & chase butterflies. I'm thinking he believes if he fakes getting dropped we'll give him less crap about being a sandbagger. Guess its working.

I decided to mix it up in the Battlefield sprint. I managed to get in the perfect starting spot(I've been watching the Tour Sprint finishes). But watching and doing are two different things. I got confused about which side I should come around on(senior moment) & could only manage getting within a half bike length of Super Gunga.

I hear Cale skipped tonight's ride to do some secret ninja assassin TT workout. Now ICC is talking about doing a week of TT training before state TT. I think they've joined some crazy TT cult where they put funny helmets on your head & chant about the aero effectiveness of frisbees. Holy Crap I think they've brainwashed me into joining!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google