Friday, December 30, 2005

2005 The Year in Review






It never fails your celebrating the New Year & before you know it the years over & its time to celebrate the start of another year. 2005 has been a big year for me. It started with me starting a new job, buying a house, getting married, finding out I'm going to be a daddy to a little baby girl, I started back bike racing, going on the greatest road trip, getting a new puppy, made a lot of new friends, winning a state jersey, & the beginning of my blog. Thanks to the blog most of you have already read about all of these but sometimes its good to reflect.


I have to say the best moment of the year is finding out I'm going to be a dad & marrying Amber. I'm also very proud of her for deciding to go back to school, buckling down & making tons of sacrifices & graduating Massage Therapy School with a perfect 4.0!


2005 also saw me start back bike racing after a long hiatus. I was a little leary about coming back in as a Cat 3 but it seems to have worked out. It also saw me finally retire the Beast from daily riding and get on board a Dura Ace equipped uber light ride. This year racing has allowed me to meet a lot of great people. I have a lot of good memories some painful, some funny from all the racing I did this year. One of the coolest moments I had racing I wasn't even on the bike; It was cheering for CMAC & VanFasten at State Cross. The most painful was peeling of @ State Crit & realizing I'd left Super G out to dry; there was pain in my legs because I gave it every thing I had but couldn't quite deliver him to the line. Results weren't so plentiful this year but they weren't really expected. I was just happy to be out there competing. I did get a couple of State medals which was cool. 2 TT medals(1 in theory since I don't live in Arkansas) & one in Cross.



2006 is already shaping up to be a life changer. I'm going to finally have to figure out how to mange my time better because I'm no longer going to have to worry just about me. Hopefully it will make me more disciplined. So to all you out there Best wishes in the New Year, may it be a great one for us all.


3 comments:

  1. Your blog is getting kind of fancy!
    I am glad you had a nice year and nothing will compare to the one coming up with that sweet baby girl coming! Also congrats on having the second best blog of all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2nd best? THat depends on who you ask doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:42 PM

    Well, let me first say that I am glad someone finally recognized me for my non-ability to climb! :)
    Second, I have enjoyed this year racing and riding with you. You were one of the first people that I rode with when I got my first road bike and you were very helpful and encouraging with advice and wisdom. It was much appreciated. You are also a pretty fun guy to be around. And the lover's blog you and Shane have going is pretty fun to keep up wiht as well.
    May your next year be even better.

    ReplyDelete

Google