Friday, December 30, 2005

ICC Saves the Bonk

The weather changed enough to be considered fair today and unlike yesterday almost no wind. With conditions very favorable I decided to tack on some mileage & ride over to Stokers to meet him & ICC for a few hours. Stoker spent the day chilling in the back in preparation for an attempt @ 300+ miles in 4 days(actually 3 days of riding)! With my hours getting a little high this week I think I'll let him have that to himself & I'll just tag along for 3 or 4 hours of each day. Coming back into town we had a nice little tail wind & was able to pick up the speed enough to get my avg for the ride up over 17 mph. I had to do a quick fly by of the Pettus Mansion to grab a Payday & Snickers Marathon bar to give me enough fuel to get home since I was riding on empty by that time. It would have been a long slow ride back with the tank on empty. Plus I would have had trouble explaining the crater I would have left to the Highway department. I ended up with 3:15 for the day which puts me @ 12 hours for the week.

On the baby front Amber keeps telling me the baby can taste food she's eating. Now I'm a little skeptical about this since taste buds are in our mouths. Since the baby currently feeds through the umbilical cord I'm thinking its unlikely she actually tastes the food just reacts to certain sensations. But its a question we're going to ask @ the next OB appointment because Amber is always trying to prove me wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google