Sunday, January 01, 2006

Goodbye 05, Hello 06, end to BIG week

Saturday saw 7(Will, ICC, Stoker Ace, Hammer, Jason, Larry) of us get out end the year with a nice long ride. I ended up with 72ish miles for around 4.5 hrs to put me @ 16.5 for the week. It was a little chilly to start but warmed up nicely toward the end. New Years Eve was spent with Amber's parents fighting over who would pick up the check for the meal as usual when we go out to eat with them. We lost this one but I'll get them back. Amber & I brought in the New Year just laying around watching TV since we were both pretty wiped from the week.

Today 6 of us got together to get the longest ride of the year in(so far). JJ, Coker, Hammer, Larry(who I'm going to have to give a nickname because he's got a motor for an old fart), ICC, & me. It was windy as hell but actually warmed up enough to finish out the ride in shorts & jersey! We got in a couple of heated city limit sign sprints in JJ,ICC, & my new game of seated little ring sprints. You look like a retard but it really makes the legs burn trying to kick it up to 30mph. I rode over & back so ended up with just over 4 hrs; 20.5 hrs for the week, my biggest in a long, long time. Next week I'm going to cut it back to a more human number 14 or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google