Saturday, January 07, 2006

Night Time is The Right time

Since there hasn't been a Friday Night Light ride in a few weeks I decided to get out on the dirt under the lights @ Nut Sac. Shano gave a positive report of the conditions so I was chomping @ the bit all day Friday waiting for it to get dark enough. I haven't been to Nut Sac since the last time so was anxious.
Looks like I'm there a little late.

But the best time to ride is in the dark.

Conditions were perfect though it could have stood to be a few degrees warmer. We're currently in a major drought 9+ inches of rain behind for the year but somehow the ground is nice & tacky. Lots of traction and speed.
No explosions last night. I'm still waiting to be riding & hear one go off.

I did have a close call with the nocturnal Purple Rittersideloopapotomus. More rare than BigFoot & much more dangerous if you accidently sneak up on it in the dark in its habitat. After that scare I was getting cold so cut it short at an hour. Which was cool since I have a bunch of hours in all ready this week & a couple of good days in the work this weekend.

This week there has been a ton of OCC Drahmah. For those of you who read the message board you know of what I talk. Its been a hot topic of discussion this week riding & has gotten a little distracting. Its been hard to focus on saddle time instead of politics. It looks like now I'll bite the bullet and hand over a check for my dues. But for some reason this year I have to provide a resume to "prove" I finished more than 20+ races last year.

2 comments:

  1. THAT PURPLE THING IS VERY SCARY! IF CALE HAD BEEN THERE HE WOULD HAVE TRIED TO MOUNT IT. I GUESS I CAN'T BUY YOUR OCC KIT NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll just take mine in the form of wheels. Oh Wait you haven't got them yet.

    ReplyDelete

Google